Make Cute Love Panda Cookies!
Hey, it's me Cutesy Bunny and I wanted to make a special surprise for my best friend Love Panda, so I put my little apron on...
For cute Love Panda cookies you'll need the following:
2 1/2 cups flour;
1 cup butter, softened;
3/4 cup sugar;
1/2 cup powdered sugar;
2 egg yolks;
2 tsp vanilla extract;
2 tablespoons cocoa powder (I actually put more because I love cocoa);
chocolate chips, for decorating.
1. Cream the butter and the sugars together. Add the egg yolks one at a time, then add the vanilla extract. Add the flour until just combined. Split the dough into 2 equal pieces. Add the cocoa powder abundantly to the 1 of the pieces of dough until the dough is dark enough to resemble panda eyes/ears/nose/mouth.
2. Now it's time to form the panda face. From the the white dough divide and make small balls to form a sweet round face. Use the roller to smooth out the surface.
3. Same technique is used for the ears: make a semi-circle or make a round ball that you smooth out with the roller and then cut it with a knife. Make oval roundish shapes for the eyes. Don't be afraid to get dirty... and creative!
4. Use a piece of chocolate chip for nose and eyes. White nonpareils would look awesome as panda eyes too, but I didn't have any at the time.
5. You can make a mouth out of a thin strip of dark dough or leave the panda with no mouth. Whatever you think is cuter!
6. Take the cookies and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Chill the cookies for 10 minutes while you preheat the oven to 325ºF.
7. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes.
8. Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then feel free to take a bite of cuteness.
My cookies are nowhere near perfect and I'm still improving, but I think they're pretty darn cute and yummy. Now go make your own panda cookies and enjoy eating something very Cute and Happy!